Tuesday, August 26, 2008

History of Myself

Assignment:
Write a short history about your self.
Introduce yourself to the reader (me and your class mates)



A stubborn juvenile and immature idealist, I have yet to learn the lessons of life. I live in a world full of luxuries. Since birth, I have been surrounded by the love of my parents, along with the intimate care of my sister - Helen, a junior of our school.

Born in Korea, I had the opportunity of living in the States for around five years in my early childhood. I remember those days - going to the library everyday from am to pm, playing football with the guys.

In the middle of second grade, I moved from Illinois to Korea. There, after a malicious greeting from the impish boys, I was able to melt in quite nicely. During my years there, I developed a convivial spirit - loving games, parties, and all that stuff.

Before I was able to graduate elementary school, I moved to Shanghai. Riding a bus for forty-five minutes everyday to the eminent Concordia International School, Shanghai, I began turn my focus towards academics after meeting an engaging English teacher, Mr. Tovar. I wonder how he is these days, we lost contact when I moved.

In AISG, I am having fun days. Turning my back against academics once more, homework is an occasional event, rather than what it is meant to be. Now, my highest priorities are leisure and joy. Ah, but my Bio teacher need not worry; my love for science allows me to enjoy doing the assignments - a thing I cannot consciously tell other teachers.

My lack of fervor towards any goal tells me I have yet to learn what is valuable in life - money, education, honor, or dignity. Well, I have another sixty years for that. Maybe a day will come when I learn to value the opportunity to learn. For now, I shall continue to whine about tests and hours of homework.

No comments: